Being a very early stage startup, the company cut many corners in terms of UX in order to release features faster. This came out with some technical and design dept that needed adressing. And the main concern for our team was PSD2 based bank connection flow and personal finance management features.
Research, User testing, UX/UI Design, Prototyping, Frond-End Dev support.
- Streamline bank connection flow as much as possible
- Introduce new personal finance management features and insights
- Gradually improve design system
- Increased usage rate
Data showed that some funnels and especially bank connection flow was struggling with many user dropping off at certain points. Quicky several improvements were introduced there.
Then we shifted towards new features which were missing in the app, like ability to cancel unwanted subscriptions, new PFM features and better integration of third party services into the app.
Since it was a mobile app, I could not adapt the same user testing and prototyping techniques I was able to do with web apps, so I had to find ways to use Figma prototyping effectivelly. Also some adjustments to the design process were made and together with PO and developers we found a design process which works for everyone. Admittedly some corners are still being cut, but the overall quality of the app dramatically improved.
We managed to implement numerous new PFM features greatly helping users to save money and see their progress.
And of course, our design system is being constantly improved.
- Was able to effectivelly operate in a very fact paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Bank connection flow was shortened 50% and successful completion rate improved more than 30%
- Introduced and implemented numerous personal finance management features, aligning the company with bigger competitors in the field.
- Significantly increased engagement: increased time spent on the app and the frequency of openning the app