Danica Pension Swedendanicapension.se
The old ePension platform was getting very dated, it was not mobile-friendly, slow and users were having a lot of trouble finding & using some of the features, hence calling for customer support a lot. And with the arrival of new Danske Bank design guidelines, big change was imminent.
Research, User testing, UX/UI Design, Prototyping, Frond-End Dev.
- Innovative ePension platform utilizing new Danske Bank design guidelines
- Fully responsive & mobile-first
- Inclusive design, with good accessibility and easy to navigate for all customer age groups
- Increased usage rate
- Lowered customer support calls
- Several new self-service features introduced
- Overall increased customer satisfaction and feedback
After digging into usage data I found that there are virtually no mobile users connecting to the service as it was not mobile-friendly, even though ~80% of people in Sweden used mobile internet at the time. We also asked bunch of customers to rate the solution and leave some feedback, which resulted in customer satisfaction of 3.4 points out of 5.
Then several workshops were conducted to determine key business goals for this solution, create personas and refine customer journeys. Business also wanted to significantly lower the customer support calls resulting from inability to find (or unavailability) self-service options.
Since it was a big new solution, not an iterative update, I decided to do user testing with the real-feel responsive prototype (HTML/CSS/JS) for each newly designed feature. This worked out really well as I was able to test my ideas on users, business got a chance to see how everything would look and feel for end users, testers could start looking for visual bugs for all devices, before any real development happened. As for the developers, they were able to just pick up my prototype and use it for development without any visual or CSS changes. Everyone wins.
During the process, I was able to detect and change several things to better represent customer needs.
Later on, during the development and testing phases I was collaborating closely with the developers and fixing any visual bugs or problems arising.
- Excellent customer feedback after the launch (satisfaction increased to 4.6) with several customers directly contacting customer service and congratulating changes.
- Very well accepted by all age groups.
- More than 40% increase in usage during first months.
- Significantly lowered support requests.